But board meetings can also be frustratingly disorganized at times, too frequent (or infrequent, depending on the company), and a waste of everyone’s time if they’re not run properly.
As a manager who spends lots of time preparing the board meetings you probably have to think about these simple questions:
- Does everybody know all the meeting's annual calendar in advance?
- Does everybody know the time they will have to spend in each meeting to avoid people leave it in advance?
- Are you presenting a good metrics? Are they standardized?
- Are the presentations always done in the same model specially the financial and performance reports
- Are the discussions and the time spend in each item listed good enough?
Acces to the article
Nat Farbman. The LIFE Picture Collection/Getty Images 1947. At Temple Public House, club members hold formal beer session.